Why the Emotional Wellbeing Career Coach?
Throughout my career when I have supported people at times of transition or uncertainty, it is seldom the practicalities of the situation that are the issue. There is the is surface level “what’s going on?” and then there is “what’s really going on?”. This is where feelings and emotions have a massive part to play.
The phrase ‘Work Life Balance’ doesn’t accurately describe the complexities of how our work is intertwined with our life. Our career, our job and where we work are part of our identity and how we relate to ourselves. Despite being one and the same person at home and at work, many of us contort ourselves into a different shape to fit a work situation that is not in alignment with who we really are.
Whilst education, training and development provide us with a wealth of opportunity to develop our skill sets, the one area that is frequently missing is learning about ourselves – what makes us tick, that sense of who we are and being comfortable with who we are. Having a successful career doesn’t mean you have to stop being you! Trying to be someone else is painful and exhausting.
Finding My Purpose
My purpose has emerged from a lifetime of experience and events that came together at a pivotal time.
My Mum was diagnosed with a terminal condition in 2018, it was at this point I hit an emotional brick wall and work became impossible. I have supported people managing their careers during low times in their lives, but I had never reached rock bottom myself.
The road back to work after my Mum passed away wasn’t easy. When I eventually looked forward at the emptiness ahead, I realised, using that well-worn cliché, that I wanted to give something back and I particularly wanted to work with women.
As an HR Professional, Headhunter and Lecturer I had met too many capable women who were not fulfilling their potential, were suffering from limited beliefs, did not value their own worth and felt trapped with little room to maneuver in their careers.
It was a very often the classic case of ‘better the devil you know’! They did not feel empowered enough to look outside their current situation or rock the boat in anyway. Ultimately it was about how they felt about themselves and their capabilities.
My purpose is to have a positive impact on the working lives and emotional wellbeing of women.
Read more on how I live my purpose, HERE.
What qualifies me to help you…
The story began early in my career when I supported young people entering the workforce running a YTS scheme (if you have ever heard of YTS!) Fast forward to 2019, I became a Career Coach following 30 years working within Executive Search and Human Resources.
I have been fortunate to have worked with a variety of organisations, from small start-ups, to public sector organisations to well know global brands. I experienced the dot.com bubble bursting and the aftereffects of the financial crash in 2008.
As a result, I bring insight, wisdom, perspective, and expertise from all sides of the recruitment process. I have seen it all – the good, the bad and the ugly.
My career, like many others, has not been straight forward and following a period of ill health mid-career I qualified as a Lecturer. For a short time, I focused on the new generation entering the workforce aged 16+ through vocational courses and delivered the Chartered Institute of Personnel and Development qualifications.
I have seen firsthand the educational impact on emotional wellbeing and career aspirations of our current exam system. Education is important of course but young people are far more than their qualifications. So, it’s always bothered me that when it comes to kids leaving school, the only consideration is the grades and nothing else.
More importantly, these early experiences can have a lasting impact on how we think about ourselves throughout our working lives. The “what’s really going on?” issues can sometimes be traced back to how we felt about ourselves at that time.
“What we know matters but who we are matters more.” Brené Brown
View my full profile HERE
In my coaching programs I work with women, like you, who…
- Are starting to question whether you are in the right career, right role, or right sector.
- Want to take on more responsibility and progress but are not sure how to navigate the transition to the next stage.
- Find it hard to envisage what next and what you really want – it’s so much easier to say what you do not want.
- Are not afraid to make conscious career choices that will enable you to progress being true to yourself, not sacrificing who you are to get ahead.
- Really want to go from career confusion to career clarity.
What makes me different …
- I understand all sides of the recruitment process. It’s not about your CV or the interview; it’s about taking a holistic, empathic approach, understanding that one size does not fit all. Your own unique circumstances, feelings and emotions will have an impact on your working life.
- I cut through the vast array of career advice out there – type career advice into google and you get about 2,910,000,000 results!
- I lift the lid on what is really going on and help you identify those key elements that will enable you to move forward.
- I provide you with an eye-opening insider’s guide to the recruitment process.
“Tina is a great listener whose natural warmth and empathy combine with a wellspring of experience. Tina’s seemingly limitless toolkit of techniques has helped me to understand what I really want from my career. Working together, we have identified opportunities that I could not see before” BR
The results you can expect with me …
- A new sense of who you are, what makes you tick and how this relates to your career. This information literally changes lives!
- A newfound confidence to talk about what you bring to the table with head and heart aligned. When you are being authentically you – this is so much easier.
- A new vision for the future for your career knowing that it will align to your whole life.
- The confidence to move forward without wasting time or worrying that you are making the wrong decision.
- Insight and understanding on how you can position yourself to thrive at work, not just survive until Friday or your holiday.
Are you ready to take action to move from where you are today and discover your own path forward?
If so, email me at email@example.com to book your complimentary discovery call where I show you how I can take you from career confusion to career clarity.