The phrase ‘Work Life Balance’ doesn’t accurately describe the complexities of how our work is intertwined with our lives. Our career, our job and where we work are part of our identity and how we relate to ourselves. Despite being one and the same person at home and at work, many of us contort ourselves into a different shape to fit a work situation that is not in alignment with who we really are.
Whilst education, training and development provide us with a wealth of opportunity to develop our skill sets, the one area that is frequently missing is learning about ourselves – what makes us tick, that sense of who we are and being comfortable with who we are.
Having a successful career doesn’t mean you have to stop being you! I wish I had realised this earlier in my career.
What qualifies me to help you…
I moved into Career Development following 30 years working within Human Resources and Executive Search. During this time supporting individuals at points of transition in their career it was rarely the surface level “what’s going on” that was the real issue, it was the “what’s really going on”. This is where feelings and emotions have a massive part to play and the stories that we tell ourselves about our career and our abilities.
My whole person approach supports you to overcome blocks, reframe your internal narrative and make long lasting changes. Whilst helping you to move forward, using strategies to plan, make decisions, take action and achieve your aims with confidence and clarity.
I have been fortunate to have worked with a variety of organisations, from small start-ups to Professional Practices and known Global Brands. I supported individuals when the dot.com bubble burst and and through the after effects of the financial crash in 2008.
As a result, I bring insight, wisdom, perspective, and expertise from all sides of career development, the practical and the emotional, and an understanding of how organisations work.
My career, like many others, has not been straight forward and following a period of ill health mid-career I qualified as a Lecturer. I experienced first hand the aspirations and desires of young people entering the workforce and those looking to retrain later in their career. Education is important, but we are all far more than our qualifications.
What makes me different …
I take a whole person, empathetic yet challenging approach, understanding that one size does not fit all. It is all the points below combined that make the difference.
- My HD Framework enables you to move forward confidently in a way that works for you.
- As a Licensed Career Coach and Registered Integrative Practitioner I bring techniques that support both your professional and personal development, an approach called Personal Consultancy.
- As an HR Professional I have supported organisations to hire and develop their talent.
- As a Recruitment Professional I have interviewed 100’s of individuals at a transition point in their careers and have worked with 100s of organisations from start ups to FTSE 100 global organisations.
- I understand all sides of Career Development, from recruitment through to outplacement.
- I cut through the vast array of career advice out there – type career advice into google and you get about 2,910,000,000 results!
- I provide you with an eye-opening insider’s guide to recruitment and talent processes.
- I have had 4 career changes of my own, whilst being a wife, mother, having a career break due to ill health and caring for my elderly mother-in-law and parents. This included end of life care at home for my mum.
“An amazing Career Coach that really makes a difference and supports you in finding the job of your dreams, look no further. So professional, caring, inspiring and experienced in the field.” KR
“Tina is a great listener whose natural warmth and empathy combine with a wellspring of experience. Tina’s seemingly limitless toolkit of techniques has helped me to understand what I really want from my career. Working together, we have identified opportunities that I could not see before” BR
- Registered Integrative Practitioner – BACP, British Association for Counselling and Psychotherapy, and member of their Coaching Division.
- Licensed Career Coach – Award Winning Training Program with Career Counselling Services, Accredited by the Association of Coaching.
- MSc in Integrative Counselling and Coaching at UEL (2019-2022), Accredited by British Association for Counselling and Psychotherapy. This course is unique and the only postgraduate course in the UK that offers integration of counselling and coaching practices.
- BA Hons Business Studies
Finally, I make sure that I take time to look after myself so that I can support you Self care isn’t a luxury it is essential. Part of that for me is making sure I spend time with friends and family, being outside in nature and spending time riding, with the lovely Suzie.